Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's the deal Singapore????

Ok, so if I go into another store and have to leave to find an ATM to pay with cash because they won't accept credit cards (after all my items are scanned and in bags!), I'm going to scream so loud that you all will hear me on the other side of the world!! Sorry for the tantrum, but really, what is the deal? I thought the world was trying to be more digitalized or whatever you call it. I can't even count the number of times this has happened to me. I guess I'm supposed to carry hundreds of dollars in cash on me so that I can pay for overpriced groceries...

On a happier note, Adam and I moved into our new apartment yesterday. For those of you who didn't know, we got evicted from our last place! Haha. Long story... We moved over here into a furnished apartment. A month into it, our landlord tells us that he is replacing all our furniture because the lady that leases the furniture wants it back for herself. Well, he replaced it all right. With his old college furniture. Ok, so it wasn't that terrible, but you would have to be a dwarf to use our coffee table. Adam was upset because it was of much lesser quality than the previous furniture, and the company was still paying the same price for it. He tried to get the landlord to replace some of it (for example, the "Japanese Queen sized bed" that Adam's feet hung off of), but the guy refused and told us that he would not renew the lease with us this October.
So, now we live right near the ocean in a furnished serviced apartment (which means we get a maid 3 days a week to change towels and do light cleaning). All in all it is a better deal:) Here are some pictures from our new place.



The pool is just a few steps off of our terrace:)

Other news...I have registered for a 10K race in October and am back into the running thing again.
We have found a church that we really like. It is huge (1200 members)! We met with the pastor this week and are going to be having bible study once a week with him. We met several other couples from church and joined them for lunch last week after the service. Next weekend we head to Bangkok, Thailand for a long weekend. It's so cool that it is only 2 1/2 hrs on a plane and we will be in Thailand.
We have also been watching a lot of the Olympics. Go team USA!

2 comments:

Adam and Nicole said...

You would think that someone would learn after their first couple of times going to the grocery store without cash!!! Love you honey!!

Troy said...

You pad looks pretty sweet ... that's cool you guys found a church and the pastor taking time to meet with you ... glad all sounds like it's going well. We got a webcam but it sucks (audio to video is horrible) so I gotta go to best buy again soon.