Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th!

Well it is Friday the 13th here in Singapore and other than Adam accidentally sleeping in for work, nothing too strange has happened. It is another hot and humid day and I enjoyed it a bit by the pool:)
We had a shocking experience earlier this week. We received our household items that we had shipped over here, so I decided to set up our desktop computer. We had gotten the outlet adapters, so our American plugs would fit in the outlet. Silly me forgot that Singapore uses 220V while the US only uses 110V. As I plugged in the surge protector, it made a huge POP and smoke blew out onto my hand. I was so shocked and couldn't believe I wasn't electrocuted! It did knock out the power in our entire apartment, so I had to wait for Adam to get home from work to get that fixed. Luckily, the gate guard came and flipped the main breaker and all power was back. Needless to say, we headed to an electronic shop for some education on how to make our things work here! We've had a few other mishaps, but nothing too serious. Just learning how they do it in other parts of the world.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Friday the 13th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!

1 comment:

Amanda Rumage said...

Take care you two. It's hot, humid, and rainy here. Enjoy yourselves and the time you have while you can. Thanks for keeping the blog updated for us. We love you!